Assignment #5 – Climate Change
Global Warming/ Climate change project
Input: weather data for months of several years – tab delimited file – average temperature for the month. The data file is attached – real NYC temperature data:
Average Monthly & Annual Temperatures at Central Park, from:
– note that I already put it into a tab delimited file without the header line with the month names
Use the Matrix class to hold the weather data.
Do not include the year – only the monthly averages.
Write a WeatherMenu to display numbered choices to the user of what to query from the weather data. Read and return the choice in as an int.
1. Average temperature for a given year
2. Highest temperature for a given year
3. Average temperature for a given month
4. Highest temperature for a given month
Use command line arguments: name of file, starting year
To set the command line arguments from the Visual Studio IDE: right click on the project name and select properties
Be sure the input file is in the same directory as main.cpp
Be sure the file is named correctly in the command line args